At approximately 1:30 Saturday morning Flin Flon RCMP responded to a house fire on Fifth Avenue. The homeowner, a 44 year old man was able to escape the fire by jumping out of a window. He remains in hospital in critical condition. A 41 year old man was extracted by fire fighters and suffered minor injuries. A 40 year old woman was found unresponsive in a bedroom and was transported to hospital where she succumbed to her injuries.
Names were not released. Fire Chief Chad Cooper reports the cause of the fire was an overheated electrical socket. Fire damage was contained to the kitchen.