What would you do with $100 Grand in Your Hand?
102.9 CFAR and our great sponsors are giving you a chance to find out.
From July 2nd to August 6th, listen to 102.9 CFAR weekdays for the “cue to call” sounder for your chance to call in and qualify for “$100 Grand in Your Hand.”
Over the span of 5 weeks 102.9 CFAR will qualify 50 people total to participate in the final event for “$100 Grand in Your Hand”.
That event will take place from 4:30-6:00 pm on Friday, August 9th at the Blueberry Jam main stage area. It’s in conjunction with the Women’s Resource Centre New Ball Drop fundraiser and kick off to Blueberry Jam Music Gathering.
Here are some points you need to know:
- You can only qualify ONCE.
- You must be 18 years of age to qualify.
- ID will be required to pick up the qualifying ticket at the radio station. A photo for qualifier identification will also be taken at pick up.
- If someone qualifies but can’t make it on the day of the final event (August 9th) then they can choose a designate to replace them. 102.9 CFAR must be notified of the designated person.
- Qualifiers must present their ticket at event to play. Each qualifier ticket is numbered in order to play on August 9th. DO NOT LOSE YOUR TICKET
- All prizes (consolation and otherwise) will be awarded as is. No substitutions and no cash value.
Here’s how the $100 Grand in Your Hand final event works:
- The 50 qualifiers head to Blueberry Jam Main Stage on August 9th, 2019 around 4:30 and will register to be prepared to start at 5 pm. WRC Ball Drop will happen on site at 4:45.
- There will 50 pre-sealed envelopes on site, one for each qualifier. Qualifiers will choose an envelope randomly based on the number on their qualifying ticket. Players keep tickets as no show ticket numbers will be redrawn from present qualifiers.
- One envelope chosen at a time until all qualifiers have a sealed envelope. If not all qualifiers are present, we will call out a last time before envelopes are opened. After opening present qualifying numbers, we will re-call present numbers randomly and then pull and open remaining envelopes.
- Qualifiers will open their envelopes all at the same time to reveal the prize they won and who will play for the $100,000. All prizes vary in value. (second opening round required ONLY if some qualifiers were a no show). Clarification on site at the event.
- One of the 50 envelopes will have the “Golden Ticket” that indicates the holder is the finalist. That means they are eligible to try for the $100 thousand dollar insured grand prize.
- There will be 100 envelopes on the board to choose from. One of the hundred envelopes will hold a certificate proclaiming them the winner of the $100 Thousand Dollar prize. Insurance representative will verify this as true.
- If the finalist doesn’t choose the $100 Thousand Dollar Envelope, they will receive the consolation prize as identified in the envelope they open.
- If the prize of $100 Grand is won, ALL 100 envelopes provided by insurer will be returned to the Insurance Company (PAL Insurance Brokers Canada Ltd.) to ensure all terms and conditions have been met before a cheque will be remitted to the winner.
Video will occur and all qualifiers must be open to being on video/camera.