The Flin Flon Fire Department was called to 192 Center Street shortly after two yesterday afternoon. Fire Chief Jim Petrie reports the probable cause of the fire is electrical. He says it started in the attic area above a light fixture in the bathroom and spread to the wood chip insulation in the attic. He says the house was fully involved when they arrive with visible flames and heavy black smoke. He says the fire hadn’t spread to the interior yet so they did a search of the home. They then had to remove the ceiling to get at the burning wood chips.
Petrie says the building is a total loss. He says with the extent of the fire and the high winds the quick actions of the fire fighters prevented the fire from spreading to neighboring buildings.